September 27th, 2016
Location: Irvine, CA
BigRentz is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to build and maintain strong relationships with key contacts at high-priority accounts. As a Business Development Manager, your primary objective will be to penetrate and grow BigRentz presence across target accounts.
The ideal candidate will leverage all available resources and relationships to build BigRentz awareness and rapidly increase market share. This position will be based in Irvine, CA.
As one of Orange County’s Best Places to Work, we focus on the right people and the right roles. If you’re a strategic sales professional with experience in equipment rental and the drive to excel in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key contacts at high-priority accounts. Primary objective is to penetrate and grow BigRentz presence at target accounts
- Actively develop and execute plans to pursue target accounts that align with the strategic sales goals of the organization; document and dynamically update sales plans and activities in Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Manage account load of 50-75; interact with customer operations and Customer Advocates to ensure that accounts are receiving proper service levels
- Collaborate with corporate marketing to assist in demand generation activities and follow up on marketing-generated leads
- Work to “up-level” high-potential accounts to Strategic Account status; collaborate with Strategic Account Managers on account transition and servicing as needed
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of sales experience with preferably equipment rental industry experience
- Strong networking skills with the ability to develop trusted, working relationships with multiple people in a corporate setting
- Account management mentality with strategic mindset and ability to design, execute, and adjust as needed
- Proven track record of preparing detailed account plans and executing the plans with successful outcomes
- Comfort hunting for new business and farming existing business
- Strong internal communicator and history of working with operations to meet client needs
Essential Physical Requirements Necessary to Do This Job
- Able to be present, alert, awake and punctual, with minimal absences
- Prolonged sitting at a terminal (desk); ability to sit for long periods of time, either working remotely or for the duration of any flight necessary to conduct business
- Physically able to sit, walk, carry materials and belongings to board a plane for any flights necessary to conduct business
- Terminal use: typing on a keyboard; finger and wrist dexterity
- Prolonged use of the telephone
- Listening skills: clear comprehension of the English language
- Eye sight: prolonged visibility/use of computer screen to produce orders and communications
- Verbal skills: clear communication in the English language to enable written and verbal communication with customers and team members
- Minimal lifting of office equipment and supplies
- Duties performed are in an office setting indoors within a climate controlled environment
- Time commitments will vary and may require more than forty hours per week. May also be requested occasionally for the after-hours or weekend service.
About the Company
BigRentz is a progressive and rapidly-growing online equipment rental network aimed at providing customers with the best experience, value and service in the industry. We are currently expanding and have an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager in the Irvine, CA HQ office.
What You Can Expect from BigRentz
We are a progressive and thriving company, led by ambitious entrepreneurs. As one of Orange County’s Best Places to Work and Fastest-Growing Private Companies there is ample room for career development and personal growth. A career with BigRentz means so much more than just a paycheck; it means being part of a family. We have created a unique working environment filled with positive energy and excitement that includes a relaxing employee lounge with a variety of free snacks and beverages, flat-screen TVs and fun activities like Ping-Pong. Our employees also enjoy many added perks, like a dry-cleaning pickup and delivery service, on-site car washes and many more.
If the above description excites and resonates with you, and you meet the stated criteria, we would love to hear from you. We look forward to the conversation!
To Apply: Email your resume (in Word or PDF format) and cover letter to [email protected] with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
BigRentz, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. BigRentz does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. BigRentz is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. BigRentz is an at-will employer.