August 10th, 2016
Location: Irvine, CA
BigRentz is seeking an experienced technologist to fill the position of Front-End Software Engineer.
At BigRentz, we are reinventing the equipment rental space and building an incredible SaaS product in a company which is a rare mix of technology-startup and proven, profitable business.
As one of Orange County’s Best Places to Work, we focus on the right people and the right roles. If you are an experienced software engineer with the drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Build next generation applications for desktop and mobile browsers with an emphasis on scalability and constant attention to detail, performance, accessibility and cross-browser performance.
- Partner with Product Management and Design to create exceptional user interface
- Map product requirements to engineering tasks, perform due diligence to identify dependencies
- Lead the way in quality, reliability and quantity of work output
- Understand and implement software engineering best practices such as TDD, responsive design, etc.
- Envision and document designs for modules or components of overall solutions
- Produce detailed engineering scope and specification documents
- Mentor junior engineers
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- Proficiency in JSON
- Customer-focused, react well to changes, work with teams and being able to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Experience with React, node.js, git
- Experience with Linux or, Mac OS X
- Experience with, CI / infrastructure automation such as Salt, Vagrant, Jenkins, etc
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence
About the Company
BigRentz a rapidly-growing online equipment rental network aimed at providing customers with the best experience, value and service in the industry. We are currently expanding and have an immediate opening for a Front-End Software Engineer in our Irvine HQ office.
What You Can Expect from BigRentz
We are a progressive and thriving company, led by ambitious entrepreneurs. As one of Orange County’s Best Places to Work and Fastest-Growing Private Companies there is ample room for career development and personal growth. A career with BigRentz means so much more than just a paycheck; it means being part of a family. We have created a unique working environment filled with positive energy and excitement that includes a relaxing employee lounge with a variety of free snacks and beverages, flat-screen TVs and fun activities like Ping-Pong. Our employees also enjoy many added perks, like a dry-cleaning pickup and delivery service, on-site car washes and many more.
If you are confident in your software engineering abilities and have a dynamic personality, and you meet the stated criteria, we would love to hear from you. We look forward to the conversation!
To Apply: Email your resume (in Word or PDF format) and cover letter to [email protected] with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Essential Physical Requirements Necessary to Do This Job
- Able to be present, alert, awake and punctual, with minimal absences
- Prolonged sitting; ability to sit for long periods of time, either working remotely or for the duration of any flight necessary to conduct business
- Terminal use: typing on a keyboard; finger and wrist dexterity
- Prolonged use of the telephone
- Physically able to sit, walk, carry materials and belongings to board a plane for any flights necessary to conduct business
- Listening skills: clear comprehension of the English language
- Eye sight: prolonged visibility/use of computer
- Verbal skills: clear communication in the English language to enable written and verbal communication with team members and business partners
- Minimal lifting of office equipment and supplies
- Duties performed are in an office setting indoors within a climate controlled environment
- Time commitments will vary and may require more than forty hours per week. May also be requested occasionally for the after-hours or weekend service
BigRentz, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. BigRentz does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. BigRentz is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. BigRentz is an at-will employer.