Heavy Equipment Rentals: Seven Safety Steps
Seven Simple Safety Steps for Heavy Equipment Rentals:
1. When it comes to using any type of equipment that holds a high risk of injury (e.g., scissor lifts, boom lifts, and forklifts), always make sure your safety is a top priority. It is highly recommended you have the basic knowledge on operating the heavy equipment, as well as being aware of safety hazards.
2. Seek assistance from your heavy equipment rental associate on figuring out which equipment will be suitable for the type of project you are working on as well as ensuring the equipment reflects your knowledge on operating the equipment.
3. It is imperative that you go over the operating instructions with your rental associate when they deliver your heavy equipment. Not just verbally, but hands-on as this will help reduce the risk of any damage and injury.
4. Like buying a car, inspect the equipment to make sure it runs correctly. This will help to ensure your rental experience goes smoothly and prevent delays from getting your project completed.
5. You should spend time getting acquainted with the operating and safety features as well as getting comfortable with handling the equipment before tackling your project.
6. Make sure to adhere to the instructions that are posted on the equipment. For example, a skid steer will tip over backward if the bucket is too high while moving uphill. It is essential to always be aware of balance with the equipment when operating. Reverse up a slope backward to prevent any injury or keep a heavy load in the bucket.
7. Despite the fact that most heavy equipment has a warning beep when backing up, it is imperative to make sure no children and/or pets are around when operating. Always be aware of your surroundings and proceed with caution.
BigRentz is Focused on Your Safety
At BigRentz, safety is number one to us. If you should have any questions about what would work best for your project, whether it is something simple like a forklift or more involved like a mini excavator, we are here to help! We have convenient rental locations that span from California to New York. Call us at (888) 325-5172 for your next heavy equipment rental needs.