Komatsu HB365LC-3 Hybrid Excavator, CASE D Series CX245D SR Excavator, Caterpillar CAT RP 12000 E Generator
BigRentz BigReleases: New Equipment Spotlight, May 2017
Heavy equipment manufacturers are constantly releasing new, innovative models to keep up with the rapidly changing needs and applications in the construction, extraction and other related industries. BigRentz aims to keep its customers on the cutting edge of what’s new in equipment. In order to achieve this goal, BigRentz will be showcasing three new models a month, over a variety of equipment category classes.
This month, we’ll focus on two new excavator models manufactured by CASE and Komatsu (the D Series CX245D SR Minimum-Swing Excavator and HB365LC-3 Hybrid Excavator, respectively), as well as the Caterpillar CAT RP 12000 E Portable Generator.
Komatsu HB365LC-3 Hybrid Excavator
Unveiled at CONEXPO-CONAGG 2017, the Komatsu HB365LC-3 Hybrid Excavator provides exemplary digging power and application control, while significantly reducing unit fuel consumption.
Komatsu was able to achieve a 20 percent decrease fuel usage in the HB365LC-3 by making the swing motor fully electric (which also increases overall digging performance), as well as installing a generator within the engine in order to charge its capacitor and increase engine RPM.
The model is also Tier 4 Final compliant due to Komatsu’s Diesel Particulate Filter and Selective Catalyst Reduction systems. Other notable features of the excavator include:
- Auto idle and auto idle shutdown systems
- Six working modes, giving operators more control over performance preferences and fuel consumption
- An Operator ID system that can register up to 100 individuals, providing better unit security
- Readily accessible DEF tank and pumps, as well as Engine Oil Check and fuel filters for quicker, easier machine maintenance
- Warranty under the Komatsu CARE program for 3 years or 2,000 hours
CASE D Series CX245D SR Minimum-Swing Excavator
The latest release by CASE, the D Series CX245D SR Excavator improves upon earlier models’ fuel efficiency, maneuverability, digging performance and lift capacity.
The CX245D SR has an operating weight of just over 60,000 pounds with a bucket force of 34,600 pounds and a lift capacity of 22,950 pounds. The model is also Tier 4 Final compliant, with a 160 HP engine. An important goal of this excavator is to give the user improvements in operational performance, so expect to see an increase in responsiveness and an array of multifunctional controls. Further key features include:
- Easy Tier 4 maintenance, with selective catalytic reduction and diesel oxidation catalysts, as well as a DPF-free operation
- Free Swing for easier craning, lifting, and placing
- Reduced noise and vibration within the operator’s cab
- An option for a LED working light package that simulates sunlight; allowing for after-hours jobs
- Warrantied under CASE ProCare for 3 years or 3,000 hours
Caterpillar CAT RP 12000 Portable Generator
Caterpillar’s latest release in their line of portable generators, the CAT RP 12000 E provides the highest wattage of the RP series at 12kW, making the generator perfect for disaster or emergency protection or for construction applications.
Characteristic to CAT, the generator is designed to have maximized power output and is user-friendly. The model also has low-noise output and is made out of sturdy, quality materials. The RP 12000 E also has these perks:
- 670cc V-Twin engine with 15kW surge power
- Runtimes exceeding 11 hours
- 50A 240V outlet
- 2 to 3 year warranty
- 24/7 customer support with Caterpillar
There was a problem while loading the Express Book module - please try again later.