Construction Equipment Rental in Sterling, VA

About Construction Projects in Sterling, VA

Located in the Northeastern corner of Virginia, the small town of Sterling has seen an economic boom lately. With population rising due to commuters into Washington D.C., Sterling has become a hot spot for new construction projects. You can get in on the rush as well if you act now. Just make sure you know all the rules and regulations before you break ground. Take a look at our guide for building in Sterling before you start your project.

Building Permits

Permits for building are taken care of at the county level in Virginia. Sterling is located in Loudoun County where they have their own set of rules. For all new construction and remodeling projects, you need a permit. The Department of Building and Development takes care of permits for building, zoning, and grading. They also handle inspections.

There are a few different permits you will need for your project in Sterling. This includes a permit for building, electrical, gas, grading, health, mechanical, occupancy, plumbing, and zoning.

The process for obtaining your permit is simple. You have to go through the following steps:

  • Complete the permit application accurately
  • Have the application for zoning signed by the property owner or an authorized agent
  • Have a legible plan
  • Get approval from the Health Department
  • Submit a copy of a valid contractor’s license and business license
  • Proof of ownership of the property
  • The property is not located in an environmentally sensitive area

Once you have received your building permit, you may begin construction.

Building Inspections

In addition to obtaining the proper permits, your building must be inspected. This is to ensure the safety and integrity of the building for future occupants. To schedule your inspection, you can go online to the County website and use the Web Automated Inspection Request System. You can also use this system if you need to cancel an inspection or look at your results.

Contractor License

To perform contracting work in the State of Virginia, you need to have a contractor’s license. There are three classes of license in Virginia (A, B, and C) and they all allow you to work on products worth a certain amount. Class A is the highest license, and Class C is the lowest. Make sure you get the license that applies to your company. There may be consequences if you do not have the proper license.

Construction Equipment in Sterling, Virginia

Most projects in Sterling will use aerial equipment. Common types of aerial equipment include boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts, and manlifts. Here at BigRentz, we offer quality equipment at reasonable prices. We have a wide range of equipment that can meet whatever need you have. Take a look at our selection and order today!

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location