Construction Equipment Rental in Gilbert, AZ

About Construction Projects in Gilbert, AZ

As a contractor in Gilbert, Arizona, you know that construction and installation take hard work. Along with a great team, you need a long list of paperwork. You also need the right equipment for the job. Check these permits, inspections, and machines off your list before starting your next job in Gilbert.

Building Permits

Before you start any construction projects in Gilbert, get a building permit first. In general, the town requires permits for structures larger than 200 square feet. You’ll also need a permit to build a fence higher than 36 inches.

When you apply for a permit, you may need to submit plans and structural calculations. You may also have to turn in a soil report and energy code compliance documentation. Make sure to fill out the checklist, so you don’t forget anything.

Building Inspections

Like most towns, Gilbert requires building inspections throughout the project. Use the city’s online system to schedule an inspection. Put it on the calendar in advance to keep your project on time. Remember that building inspections come with fees, so check the current rates and include them in your project budget.

Contractor Licenses

No matter what kind of job you do, you need a license to work as a contractor in Gilbert. Contractors have to apply for a license through the Arizona Registrar of Contractors before registering in Gilbert. You need a license for the following types of work:

  • Constructing, repairing, or altering a building
  • Demolishing a building
  • Building an addition
  • Erecting scaffolding
  • Laying utility or sewer lines
  • Doing mechanical or HVAC work

Keep in mind that Arizona has separate residential and commercial contractor licenses. Make sure you have the right one before bidding on a job.

Contractor Coverage

You should always take steps to avoid accidents on a jobsite. However, you still need to insure your team, and the property in case damage happens. Arizona law doesn’t require contractors to have a certain amount of insurance. Plan to have a general liability insurance policy between $500,000 and $1 million.

The Registrar of Contractors requires surety bonds, too. These cover you in the case of a default. When you work in Gilbert, you’ll need at least a $9,000 bond to work as a residential general contractor. Specialty contractors need at least a $4,250 bond. Commercial contractors need at least a $2,500 bond. These bonds have to be continuous, and they can’t have termination dates.

Construction Equipment Rental in Gilbert, Arizona

To do residential or commercial jobs, you’re going to need some extra height. Ladders won’t get you where you need to go. Instead, rent the right aerial lifts for the job. Make sure your site has access to these:

No matter how long you’ve been in the business, you need all of this paperwork and equipment to do construction in Gilbert. From permits to insurance to aerial lifts, don’t start a job without these essentials.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location