Construction Equipment Rental in Antioch, CA

About Construction Projects in Antioch, CA

The scenic city of Antioch has many great spots for a new building project. Before you start your next project in this coastal region, make sure you learn more about the building laws in this California city.

Building Permits

You must have a building permit for most new structures in Antioch. Only retaining walls of three feet or less, slabs on grade, replacement fences, and lawn sprinkler systems are exempt.

To get a building permit, you must show an aerial plot plan, a foundation plan, a framing plan, and a roof plan. You should submit three copies of each plan with your application. If you’re building a complex structure, you may also need to give a section view of construction.

Submit your plans and a completed building permit form to the city’s Building Department. This form is available from the City of Antioch website. You can mail your completed application or apply for a permit in person.

The city’s building inspectors issue permits between 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. or by appointment outside these times. They will also answer any questions about permits and building guidelines. See the building inspectors on the second floor of Antioch’s City Hall.

You can also call the City of Antioch’s building department with any questions you might have at 925-779-7065.

You cannot start building until your permit is granted. In the meantime, it’s wise to reserve your rental aerial equipment so that you’re ready to start once your permit is cleared. Depending on the job at hand, you’ll need boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts, or manlifts to get the job done.

Liability Coverage

Antioch builders must tell their customers if they have general liability insurance. All good builders have this coverage to protect themselves from any damage occurring to third parties and their property during your building project. Their insurance company will pay any damages, up to the policy’s limit, if your company is found liable.

Builders should also get course of construction (COC) insurance, otherwise known as builder’s risk insurance. This type of policy fills the gaps in general liability insurance. It’s meant for protecting property during construction projects.

Some people say a builder’s customer should take out COC insurance. However, builders enjoy better coverage under their own policy, as this insurance only protects the policy holder.

Building Licenses

Like all Californian construction firms, builders in Antioch need a building license from the Contractors State License Board. This official group looks out for consumers in California by issuing licenses to the state’s builders and making sure they act within Californian guidelines. As a builder, you should have a Class B (General Building) license. All builders must take and pass law and business and trade exams to get their licenses.

Customers can search for builder’s license numbers on the Contractors State License Board website. This site will tell them whether any Antioch builder has a current license and if anyone has filed a formal complaint about the business. This means you need to stay up-to-date and keep a good record at all times.

Make sure you have all the right licenses, permits, and insurance for your next construction job in Antioch.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location