Construction Equipment Rental in Lancaster, CA

About Construction Projects in Lancaster, CA

Just like every other city in the country, Lancaster, California requires certain permits to ensure safety during a building project. Whether you’re taking on a large project or a small one, it’s important you know what type of permit you need to get the job done within the law.

Building Permits

Only property owners, authorized agents for property owners, and licensed contractors can pull a building permit. Building permits will expire if work doesn’t start within 180 days from the issue date. Permits will also expire if you suspend or abandon the project for 180 days. Every time you have an inspection done you get 180 days added to your permit. If your permit is about to expire, you can apply for an extension if you can show that circumstances beyond your control kept you from completing the work. You can only apply for an extension once.

While different projects have different requirements, be prepared to submit the following information:

  • Permit application
  • Receipt for payment or exemption of school fees
  • Receipt for payment of sewer connection fees
  • Building release from fire department
  • Grading permit issuance
  • Soil certification and rough grading certification
  • Copy of the plans
  • Payment of city fees

Building Inspections

Any work that needs a permit also requires inspection. You must call for an inspection once you’re through with each phase of work, and you must leave the work open and accessible for inspectors. You can ask for an inspection in person or by calling the inspection hotline. If you request an inspection after 3:30 p.m., the inspection will get scheduled for the second workday. You must have the Inspection Record Card posted and available so the inspector can make the necessary entries.

Permit Fees

The City of Lancaster will assess fees to new building projects. The following fees might apply to your project:

  • Building permit fees
  • Engineering services fees
  • Development fees
  • Electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permit fees
  • Miscellaneous permit fees

Every new commercial development, residential development, and addition over 500 square feet must also pay school fees. Finally, you’ll have to pay a Los Angeles County residential sewer connection fee. You can call the building services technicians to get an estimate of your permit fees.

Renting Construction Equipment in Lancaster, California

As you’re completing a project, you might discover that you need different or specialized equipment to get the job done safely and quickly. If you don’t have this equipment, you can rent it for the time you need it. Aerial equipment such as boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts, and manlifts are typically more cost-effective to rent than to buy if you might not need to use the equipment again.

When you’re in Lancaster, it’s important to make sure you never take on a building project without the right permits. If you’re a homeowner, you’re better off hiring a licensed contractor who can pull the right permits and get the job done safely and properly, instead of trying to do it yourself.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location