Construction Equipment Rental in Ontario, CA

About Construction Projects in Ontario, CA

If you’re an experienced contractor, you know that building, improving, or demolishing a structure in Ontario, California, demands a professional approach. After all, construction companies can’t do jobs without getting the right licenses and inspections first. Find out what paperwork and equipment you need before you break ground in Ontario.

Building Permits

From small projects to major build-outs, almost every job requires a permit in Ontario. This process helps the city track local construction projects. It also makes sure that only qualified contractors do skilled work. You’ll need a building permit for the following types of jobs in Ontario:

  • New Construction
  • Electrical
  • Plumbing
  • Mechanical and HVAC

Email or fax your permit to the city’s Building Department. Use the city’s website to check permit status, and keep it current during your project.

Building Inspections

Building inspections can create havoc on your construction timeline. However, they’re required in Ontario. Inspections make sure that all projects meet local and state codes for safety. Contact the city’s Building Department to make an appointment. Be sure to leave extra time in your project plan in case of delays.

Contractor Licenses

Getting a contractor license proves you have the education and the experience to do high-quality construction work. It’s also needed for most construction jobs in Ontario.

The state of California gives and renews licenses for Ontario contractors. Make sure you have the right type of license for the job you’re bidding on. These jobs include:

  • General Building
  • Drywall
  • Framing
  • Fencing
  • Electrical
  • Plumbing
  • Swimming Pools
  • Solar
  • HVAC

Contractor Coverage

Before you can get a contractor license in California, you’ll also need to have the right kind of insurance. This will add a little more to your yearly budget. But it will also cover your crew, your gear, and your clients’ property in case of an accident.

In California, all contractors need a surety bond of at least $15,000. This protects your business in case you can’t finish a job for any reason. Make sure the bond you get is from a company that the California Department of Insurance has licensed.

If you’re working as a contractor in Ontario, you should also get general liability insurance. Most construction firms need between $500,000 and $1 million in insurance.

Construction Equipment Rental in Ontario, California

Having the right equipment to do the job is important. But what if buying new equipment isn’t in your budget? For many construction companies, renting machinery is a no-brainer. Rent forklifts to shift supplies around your jobsite. Rent boom lifts, scissor lifts, or man lifts to give your crew extra height. Keep each machine only as long as you need it, and you could save a ton on equipment costs.

No matter what kind of job you’re doing, always make sure you’ve checked these items off your list before getting started. After all, if you don’t rent the right equipment or get the right paperwork, you could put your crew, your property, or even your business at risk.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location