Construction Equipment Rental in Vallejo, CA

About Construction Projects in Vallejo, CA

When you’re getting ready to start a construction project in Vallejo, California, you need to take care of some paperwork. You have to get a permit for the work you’re doing. Contractors must be licensed and insured. You also need to get your construction projects inspected and approved.

Building Permits

The city of Vallejo requires permits any time a building is constructed, repaired, moved, demolished, enlarged, or altered. The city’s zoning department issues the permits. As a contractor, you need permits for these kinds of projects:

  • Most kitchen and bathroom remodels
  • Swimming pool installation
  • Adding and removing walls
  • Roofing
  • Building or changing stairways
  • Gas line installation
  • Electrical projects
  • Water heater installation

Some projects such as painting, changing flooring, replacing window panes, and changing plumbing fixtures do not require permits. Check with the city’s zoning department. The permit process makes sure that contractors do the work the right way. California has strict building codes to help keep people safe. Special earthquake codes also make buildings safer.

Building Inspections

Certain kinds of projects need inspections. An inspector needs to sign off on your building and remodeling work. Additions also need inspections. Many projects will need to have several inspections along the way. If you miss an inspection, you may have to redo the work. Redoing the project costs more time and money. Make sure you know what the inspection requirements are. Inspection fees are based on the type of project and the total labor and materials cost of the work.

Contractor Licenses

Contractors must be licensed by the state of California. If you are a contractor in California, check with the Contractors State License Board to make sure you meet the requirements. You need a license to do these kinds of jobs in Vallejo, California:

  • House moving
  • Plumbing
  • Swimming pool construction
  • Electrical work
  • Fencing
  • Painting and wallpapering
  • Framing
  • Glazing
  • Roofing
  • Paving
  • Masonry
  • Cabinets and finish carpentry
  • Asbestos removal
  • Fire protection
  • Plaster
  • Solar
  • HVAC
  • Metal work

Contractor Liability Coverage

Licensed contractors in Vallejo, California, need to have workers’ compensation insurance. Contractors also need to have a $15,000 bond on file with the Contractors State License Board. You can also deposit $15,000 in cash with the CSLB. Liability insurance is not required for contractors but still recommended.

Construction Equipment Rental in Vallejo, California

When you’re doing construction work in Vallejo, California, you need the right equipment. As a contractor, you want equipment that helps get the job done right. You also want to stay safe and finish the work on time. You can rent these types of aerial equipment for your Vallejo project:

You need the right licenses, insurance, permits, and inspections before you start a construction job. If you don’t follow the rules, you could face trouble with the city. You could be fined, and you could also be forced to start your work all over again. Make sure to follow these requirements if you’re planning to build in Vallejo, California.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location