Equipment Rental in West Sacramento, CA

About Construction Projects in West Sacramento, CA

Located in Northern California in Yolo County, West Sacramento is a fine place to start your next construction project. You do need to take a look at the various rules and regulations put in place by the city and state. You need to make sure you get all of the proper permits, licenses, inspections, and insurance before you start and finish your construction project. Take a look below at some of the steps you have to take before you begin.

Building Permits

When you build in West Sacramento, you need to get the proper permits. You will need a permit for any construction, alteration, addition, repair, or demolition of a building or structure. The Building Division is part of the Community Development Department, and they take care of building permit applications for compliance with State and local building codes. They also provide inspection services for all related building construction. There are certain types of projects that do not require a building permit such as:

  • Single-story detached accessory buildings
  • Retaining walls under four feet in height
  • Changes in flooring, carpet, inlaid tiles and wood
  • Painting, papering, and finish work

If you are still unsure if a project needs a permit or not, then take a look at the cities website.

Building Inspections

After you get your building permit, you can begin construction. After construction commences, however, you will need to have your project inspected by a city official. Building inspections are an important part of the construction project because they ensure the safety and integrity of the building being constructed.

Contractor License

To be a contractor in the State of California, you need to have a contractor’s license. The Contractors’ State License Board deals with all of the issuing of licenses to contractors in the state. There are minimum requirements to become a licensed contractor in California such as four years of practical experience. Internships, apprenticeships, and training can all apply towards your four-year requirement. You also have to take and pass a licensing exam.

Contractor Liability Insurance

One of the requirements in getting your contractor license in California is having insurance. In California, you need to have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability insurance. These types of insurance protect you from being held personally responsible for any damage caused by your company. Contact a local insurance agent to find out what type of plan would be best for you and your company.

Construction Equipment in West Sacramento, California

Often, contractors will need extra equipment to finish their projects. At BigRentz, we offer some of the best aerial and earthmoving equipment such as scissor lifts, boom lifts, forklifts, manlifts, dozers, backhoes, loaders, and excavators. Take a look at our selection to see which equipment is best for you.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location