Construction Equipment Rental in Centennial, CO

About Construction Projects in Centennial, CO

Before you can begin work on a new construction project, you need the right licenses and permits. Every city has different requirements. File the right paperwork early to speed your work. You need a permit for both one-time projects and long-term work. Read through these tips, so you’re ready for your next job.

Building Permits

You need building permits in Centennial for both routine jobs and new buildings. An addition or remodel requires a permit, too. Most permits take a long time to process.

You can get a fast, over-the-counter permit for projects like new windows, water heaters, or roofing.

Between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursdays, the city offers a fast review over the counter. You can get a permit for shade covers, patio covers, uncovered decks, basement finishes, fences, and egress windows this way. The wait time is longer for other permits.

Expect to wait five business days for residential building projects, decks, and basement finishing. Permits take ten business days for tenant finishing or remodeling and certain commercial structures. It takes 15 days for a new commercial building project or addition and residential master plans.

Building Inspections

When the city grants your permit, you will get an inspection card. This has the details for your inspection. You can call the Inspection Hotline at (303) 708-1430 to schedule your visit. The inspector will decide whether your plans and site are right for the project. If you pass, you can begin work.

Contractor Licenses in Centennial, Colorado

All contractors and subcontractors who work in Centennial need the right licenses. To receive a contractor’s license, you need to do the following:

  • Fill out an application
  • Show proof of general liability insurance
  • Show proof of workers compensation insurance.
  • Show proof of professional testing when required

In this city, you need to take a test for a general contractor, HVAC contractor, or steam and hot water contractor license. This test shows that you understand these topics.

Contractor Liability Coverage

Contractors working in Centennial, Colorado need to carry the right insurance. In this city, you need to have general liability coverage with:

  • At least $100,000 of coverage for individuals
  • At least $300,000 of coverage for each accident
  • Property damage insurance with at least $25,000 or more for each accident

Your policy needs to give ten days written notice to the City License Officer in Centennial if you plan to cancel the policy for any reason.

Construction Equipment Rental in Centennial, Colorado

Once you have the paperwork set up, you’ll need the right equipment for your job. Equipment rentals give you fast and easy access to essential items like:

Make sure you’re ready for every job before you start. Get the right permits and hire a contractor who has all the licenses you need. Working with an expert company to take care of this necessary paperwork can simplify the process so you can get to work faster.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location