Construction Equipment Rental in Wilmington DE

About Construction Projects in Wilmington, DE

With a population of more than 70,000 people, Wilmington is the largest city in the State of Delaware. It is located between the Christina River and the Brandywine River and is the county seat of New Castle County. If you are in charge of a construction project in Wilmington, it is important for you to know what the rules and regulations are for the city and the state. There are certain permits, licenses, and inspections as regulated by the Department of Planning and Development that you must get before you can start your project.

Building Permits

One of the most important steps in the process of building in Wilmington is getting a building permit. The Department of Licenses and Inspections handles all permit related matters and ensures code enforcement. They do this by issuing permits, licenses, certificates, and inspections. On the city website, there is a checklist of minimum requirements that you need before you can get your building permit. This list includes:

  • Quality, professionally done plans
  • 8.5” x 11” sheet size
  • Black and white plans with double line drawings
  • Rooms labeled for their use
  • All locations and sizes of doors, windows, ceilings, stairways
  • All structural elements

You must provide all of this information in order to get your Building Permit or your Certificate of Occupancy Permit.

Building Review

Once you have your building permit you can start construction. There are a few review processes you have to go through along the way. For example, you have to go through a zoning review, a building review, a demolition review, a public works review, a planning review, and a fire protection review. These are done to ensure the safety of the building and everyone involved.

Contractor License

In addition to a building permit, if you want to be a contractor in the State, you have to get a contractor’s license. To get a license, you have to apply and get a business license from the Delaware Division of Revenue.

You must complete a Resident Contractors Package or a Non-Resident Contractors package based on who you are. After you pay the license fee and the Division of Revenue gets your package, they will send you a business license, a “tax tips” package related to your business, and business tax forms.

Contractor Liability Insurance

If you have a contractor business, it is a good idea for you to get some kind of liability insurance. Liability insurance protects you in the event of an accident. It is also a good idea to get worker’s compensation insurance. This insurance protects you and your workers if they happen to get hurt on the job.

Aerial Lift Rental in Wilmington Delaware

For many projects in Wilmington, contractors have to rent some kind of construction equipment to finish the job. Some common types of aerial lifts include scissor lifts, boom lifts, forklifts, and manlifts. Whatever equipment you need, BigRentz has it all and can help you on your way to a great build.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location