Construction Equipment Rental in Ogden, UT

About Construction Projects in Ogden, UT

Located just east of the Great Salt Lake, Ogden is an excellent spot for your next build. Before you start, however, you need to get all of the proper permits, licenses, inspections, and insurance. It is important not to proceed on anything before you have the right stuff. Take a look at our guide to find out what you need for your project.

Building Permits

Construction projects that involve building, altering, repairing, or demolishing a new or existing structure will need a permit. There is a lot of information on permits in Ogden. For example, you have to be a licensed contractor to obtain a permit. You also have to start work within 120 days of getting your permit and have a copy of your permits on site at all times.

Permits are not required for every type of job in Ogden. You don’t need a permit for hand-dug sprinklers and landscape repairs in non-paved areas. If you do need a permit, however, the permit application can be found on the City of Ogden website.

Fees are another important part of the permit application process. Each one has a $30 base fee that increases based on inspections and other costs.

Building Inspections

After you have received your building permit, you are ready to start construction. During construction, you will need multiple inspections. All work done without an inspection has to be redone, and you could be given a fine. The contractor has full responsibility to call for an inspection request at least 24-hours before the inspection can take place.

Contractor License

There are many types of different contractor licenses, so it is important to figure out which one is right for you. The following are examples of contractor licenses in Ogden:

  • B100 and R100 may only install concrete in the City ROW
  • E100 and s210 is for a General Engineering contractor
  • S260 is a General Concrete Contractor
  • S310 is an Excavation and Grading Contractor
  • S390 is a Sewer and Waste Water Pipeline Contractor
  • S400 is an Asphalt Paving Contractor
  • S410 is a Pipeline and Conduit Contractor

Make sure you get the license that applies to your specific business and projects.

Contractor Insurance and Bonds

In addition to having your contractor license, you have to have a bond and insurance. A two year, $25,000 permit and license bond are required with the city for all contractors. You also have to have $1,000,000 in liability insurance with the city named as well. This protects you and the city in the case of an accident.

Construction Equipment in Ogden, Utah

Every project needs to have the right equipment to get the job done. Aerial equipment and Earthmoving equipment such as boom lifts, scissor lifts, excavators, and backhoes are all quite popular. Whatever your project entails, BigRentz can help you find all of your construction equipment solutions.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location