Construction Equipment Rental in Bellevue, WA

About Construction Projects in Bellevue, WA

Bellevue, Washington, is next to Seattle and Puget Sound. It’s a beautiful area that’s quite sunny two months out of the year. If you’re new to the area, you might not know what permits and licenses you’ll need to do construction work. This basic overview should help you get on your way.

Required Building Permits

When it comes to Bellevue’s building codes, you will need to get a permit before you enlarge, alter, erect, install, repair, demolish, move, or construct any structure or building. You must also have a permit before you enlarge, remove, convert, or replace any mechanical, plumbing, electrical, or gas system.

Bellevue uses for all of its permit tracking. Through this website, you can apply for a permit and find out the status of any permit you have already applied for. If you’re not sure if you need a permit for a project, it’s better to be on the safe side and apply for one anyway. You may also ask someone at the Bellevue Development Services & Permit Center by calling 425-452-4898.

Building Inspections Needed

Once you’ve finished the work as outlined in the permit, you will need to have it inspected. You can log on to to ask for an inspection. Once the inspector has done the review, you can log on to look at the results and see if you passed.

Contractor Licenses

To work as a contractor in Washington, you must register with the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. This means purchasing a bond and liability insurance. Bellevue officials will not approve any permits for contractors who are not licensed and bonded. The city prints the contractor’s registration number on the permit. Specialty contractors also need to be licensed and bonded for specialty crafts such as appliances, carpentry, concrete, electrical, and plumbing.

Contractor General Liability Insurance Requirements

As mentioned above, contractors need to pay a bond and have liability insurance to register as a contractor. The requirements for liability insurance include either $200,000 public liability policy plus a $50,000 property damage policy or a $250,000 combined single limit policy.

Renting Construction Equipment in Bellevue, Washington

As you get ready for your construction job, you’ll want to find out what heavy machinery you’ll need. By having the right machines, you can complete the job successfully. After looking at the job site, you may find you need specialty equipment that you don’t normally use or keep on hand. You may also need to have extra aerial equipment on hand, such as scissor lifts, manlifts, boom lifts, or forklifts.

If that’s the case, think about renting the equipment. The company can deliver the equipment to your work site on the day you need it. This choice is more convenient than buying equipment that you won’t use often. You’ll also save more money this way.

By doing all of the big research ahead of time, your next construction job should go off without a hitch.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location