Construction Equipment Rental in Kennewick, WA

About Construction Projects in Kennewick, WA

As one of the Tri-Cities in Washington, Kennewick is located in the southeastern section of the state. It is not the biggest city in the state, but there are still ample opportunities to build. Similar to most other cities, Kennewick has its own sets of rules and regulations for construction and business. Find out which permits, licenses, and inspections you need to have before your project is done.

Building Permits

Before you start your construction project, make sure you have the right permits for your job. The type of permits you need change based on your project. There is a development guide on the city website that will help you plan your project.

For residential projects, there is a six-step process from start to finish. The first step is to determine your special development requirements. You can contact the Planning Division to find out if your project has any special requirements. The second step is to apply for a Building and Public Works Permit. You need to include the following items when you apply:

  • Completed New Single Family Residential application
  • Plot Plans
  • Meeting the Washington State Energy Code criteria
  • Two sets of plans with more specific plan information

After you submit your permit, it will be reviewed and eventually approved. You then pay for your permit and the city will issue it to you. After you have your permit and you start construction, you need to request an inspection. For all projects that require permits, you need periodic inspections. On the back of your permit, you will be able to find information on scheduling inspections. After all of your inspections are complete, you are free to finish construction.

Contractor License

In Washington, you have to register with the Department of Labor and Industries as a contractor. This is so they can keep track of who is doing what work in the area. You also have to get a business license from the city. The first step is to check the zoning of your business and to then apply for a license.

Contractor Liability Insurance

If you are working as a contractor in Kennewick, you need to have some Liability Insurance. You also need a surety bond. It is important to make sure you are covered in the case of an accident. These will help cover any damages caused by your company.

Construction Equipment

Most projects in Kennewick will require some construction equipment. The most popular types of equipment are aerial such as scissor lifts, boom lifts, manlifts, and forklifts. BigRentz can help with whatever you need for your project. Just make sure you have all the proper paperwork and permits before you begin.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location