Construction Equipment Rental in Yakima, WA

About Construction Projects in Yakima, WA

With a population of more than 90,000 people, Yakima is a very productive agricultural region which specializes in apple, wine and hops. It is located just southeast of Mount Rainier and is the county seat of Yakima County. Just like any other city, you have to follow all of city and state rules put in place for building. Here is our guide to building in Yakima, Washington.

Building Permits

Permits are an important part of the building process. They let the city know what you are doing and ensure the safety of everyone involved. There are many opportunities for construction in the City of Yakima, but you have to get the right permits. Yakima recently updated their permit center to make it much easier for you to apply.

You will need a permit for most construction, alterations, additions, and repairs. In order to get a permit, you have to submit a few things:

  • Building permit application
  • Plumbing and mechanical permit
  • Two sets of construction plans with (site plan, floor plan, elevations, wall details)

There are certain types of permits that you can apply for online at the Permit Center including:

  • Residential/Commercial Mechanical
  • Residential/Commercial Plumbing
  • Commercial/Residential Reroof
  • Residential/Commercial Water and Sewer line replacements

If you are still not sure about permits for your construction project, visit the City of Yakima website.

Building Inspections

The Code Administration Office takes care of issuing permits and administering inspections that go with the permits. If you are ready for your inspection, you can call the Inspection Scheduling Hotline at (509) 576-6682. Or you can visit the Online Permit Center.

Contractor License

You do not need a contractor’s license in Washington, but you do need to register with the Department of Labor and Industries. You also need to get a business license for the City of Yakima. One of the most important steps in getting a Business License is making sure your business is approved in that zoning district.

There are four different business licenses available in Yakima:

  • General Business License
  • Home Occupation Business License
  • Out of Town Business License
  • Mobile Vendor Business License

Make sure you apply for the right license so you don’t have to pay multiple license fees.

Contractor Liability Insurance

Another important thing that contractors in Yakima need to have is liability insurance. The State says you need to have this insurance and a surety bond. Liability insurance protects you from paying for damages that are caused by your company. Contact a local insurance agency who will have custom plans specially for contractors.

Construction Equipment in Yakima, Washington

Before you start your project in Yakima, make sure you have the right equipment for the job. BigRentz can help you out. We have aerial equipment like scissor lifts, boom lifts, and forklifts. We also offer earthmoving equipment like backhoes and dozers. Whatever your project needs, use BigRentz for your solution.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location