Whether you need a laugh, inspiration or motivation, these construction quotes are sure to resonate — offering insight into the spirits of the world’s builders.
From towering skyscrapers that defy gravity to powerful machines that shape our cities, construction can certainly capture our imaginations. After all, the workers in this exciting industry envision the landscapes and towns of tomorrow. Their spirit is a testament to human ingenuity, innovation and artistry — and we can learn a lot from them.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 119 of the best construction quotes from architects, builders, CEOs and more to inspire you, motivate you and — of course — make you laugh.
Let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
- Funny Construction Quotes To Lighten Your Load
- Women in Construction Quotes To Help Break Down Walls
- Construction Safety Quotes To Build Stronger Foundations
- Inspirational Construction Quotes To Electrify Your Soul
- Construction Motivation Quotes To Help You Pave New Roads
- Hard Work Quotes About Construction To Cement In Your Mind
- Quotes About Beautiful Construction To Credit True Craftsmanship
- Under Construction Quotes To Show Life’s A Work In Progress
- Future Of Construction Quotes To Guide Us To New Heights
Funny Construction Quotes to Lighten Your Load
Construction work is no joke, but that doesn’t mean there’s no room for laughter on the job site. A well-timed joke can do a lot to lift spirits on a hard work day. Plus, it’s also great for building camaraderie among workers — something construction workers do well. Increased teamwork, mood and energy are all known benefits of working outdoors. Maybe the freedom to chat and share inside jokes while out on the job is one reason why.
At any rate, whether you need a laugh to cheer up after a hard day or want to build stronger team relationships, these funny construction quotes are sure to do the trick.
- “You can use an eraser on the drafting table or a sledgehammer on the construction site.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
- “Construction will always be needed. You will always need to renovate projects.” — Wayne Messam
- “I once called construction companies to bid on an addition to the school library so that there would suddenly be people outside, measuring the building. ‘Who authorized this?’ the principal would ask. The answer: ‘Howie Mandel.’” — Howie Mandel
- “Got 99 problems, and ‘loose screws’ are definitely one of them.” — Walter “The Wrench” White
- “Tried cooking once. Apparently, it’s frowned upon to use a power drill to stir the soup.” — Bill “The Bulldozer” Bryant
- “If at first you don’t succeed, that’s about average for a construction project.” — Sam “The Sledgehammer” Stevens
- “When in doubt, remember that a construction site is the only place where you get to hit things to make them work.” — John “Hammer” McLeod
- “People just naturally assume that dogs would be incapable of working together on some sort of construction project. But what about just a big field full of holes.” — Jack Handey
- “In construction, the only project that goes exactly according to plan is the lunch break.” — Sandra “Square” Rodriguez
- “If you see me running, try to keep up — the crane operator just got a text message.” — Chuck “Digger” Williams
- “I told my kids that being in construction was like playing with LEGOs, but with more cursing.” — Dave “Nails” Brown
- “Construction: The only place where you can tell someone to ‘hit the road’ and they actually do it.” — Linda “Paver” Carter
- “Work in construction, they said. It’ll be fun, they said. They didn’t mention the 5 a.m. alarm clock.” — Gary “The Grader” Griffin
- “Measure twice, cut once, swear silently.” — Tim “Level” Johnson
- “The door handle is the handshake of the building.” — Juhani Pallasmaa
- “My favorite architect? The one who brings donuts to the site.” — Tim “The Tiler” Taylor
Women in Construction Quotes to Help Break Down Walls
While construction has historically been a male-dominated industry, the presence of women in construction has continued to grow — breaking through glass ceilings and shattering stereotypes. From CEOs to subcontractors — and every position in between — trailblazing women have shown that the construction industry is not limited by gender identity.
Whether you’re a well-established foreperson or an aspiring student studying to enter the field, check out these quotes about women in construction to inspire your path.
- “As a woman, I am still mistaken for one of the homeowners on the site, but that quickly gets resolved once I start giving directions.” — Michele Myers
- “Don’t be afraid to take up space in this field. At times, it will feel like you stick out like a sore thumb, but you have an important job to do.” — Carly Curtin
- “I don’t care if you’re male, female, gender neutral, gender nonbinary… [It’s]… a nonissue … And we’re starting to see that a lot more in the construction world” — Jennifer Richmond
- “I think the most important thing we can teach women is to never settle. The world will always try and find ways to tell you ‘no.’ In reality, the possibilities are endless.” — Brittany Parsons
- “Ignore the noise and negativity. As is the case for men and women alike, you will encounter difficult people who, knowingly or unknowingly, put obstacles in your way. And, from time to time, you may find yourself dealing with the effects of someone who is determined to do harm to your career. My advice is to keep your head down and focus on doing your job so brilliantly that those standing in your way have no choice but to get out of the way or get run over.” — Laurie Ford
- “As a woman, you can defy all stereotypes, go against the grain and still dominate in a male-dominated industry.” — B.A. Golston
- “When you look at these careers, there is no reason that a woman can’t do any of these.” — Mollie Elkman
- “My best advice is to just listen and learn. The industry, like my boss said when I transitioned, is if you can do the job, we don’t have a problem with who you are and what you do in your personal life.” — Jennifer Richmond
- “Just like any other industry, if you keep your nose to the grindstone, submerge yourself in the opportunity to learn and don’t overthink being a woman surrounded by men, you will succeed.” — Lindsay Smith
- “I believe women are innovators, especially in this industry, because they come from a new or a fresh perspective.” — Mollie Elkman
- “I would bet that in ten years, it will no longer seem unusual to see a woman on a construction site. And my hope is that in 20 years, this industry is THE place that women want to work.” — Nora Spencer
- “As a female in a male-dominated industry, it can be intimidating … My advice would be to find your voice. Don’t fear the unknown, step outside your comfort zone and even if you fall short, you’ll learn from those experiences.” — Tanya Matzen
Construction Safety Quotes to Build Stronger Foundations
Construction safety statistics show that this industry has the second highest incidents of work-related deaths. To improve this statistic, there’s nothing more important that construction management leaders can do than teach and enforce proper safety protocols among their teams — it really could save a life.
The following quotes underscore how essential proper safety is in construction. Management might even want to use them in safety presentations or posters.
- “There’s no such thing as being too safe in construction.” — Author Unknown
- “Safety should never be a priority. It should be a precondition” — Paul O’Neill
- “It is necessary for us to learn from others’ mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself.” — Admiral H.G. Rickover
- “People say accidents are due to human error, which is like saying falls are due to gravity.” — Trevor Kletz
- “Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it.” — Author Unknown
- “Safety doesn’t happen by accident.” — Jerry Smith
- “Tomorrow: your reward for working safely today.” — Robert Pelton
- “What you do today can improve all of your tomorrows.” — Ralph Marston
- “Safety is a full-time job; don’t make it a part-time practice.” — Author Unknown
- “If you don’t think it is safe, it probably isn’t.” — Jerry Smith
- “Safety first is safety always.” — Charles Melville Hays
- “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Safety is our first concern, not deadlines.” — Mikhail Manin
- “You are your last line of defense in safety.” — Kina Repp
- “Better a thousand times careful than once dead.” — Author Unknown
- “No job is so important and no service so urgent — that we cannot take time to do our job safely.” — AT&T Bell System Safety Creed
- “Working safely is like breathing — if you don’t … you die.” — Jerry Smith
- “Every shortcut has a price usually greater than the reward” — Bryant McGill
- “Safety is a choice you make. Accidents are the choices you ignore.” — Author Unknown
- “It is essential to have good tools, but it is also essential that the tools should be used in the right way.” — Wallace D. Wattles
- “It takes leadership to improve safety.” — Jackie Stewart
- “If the owner or manager does not show an interest in preventing employee injury and illness, then the employees will probably not give it much thought either.” — Rhode Island Small Business Recovery Program
- “Your employees learn by example. If they don’t see you practicing good safety habits, they won’t think safety is important.” — Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- “The last thing you want to do is put your warehouse workers in danger — just to boost your profit margins. A safe warehouse is an efficient warehouse.” — Business First Family Organization
- “Safety isn’t expensive, it’s priceless.” — Jerry Smith
- “Train your employees on rack safety and they’ll identify and report the damage. Empower them to report damage and you’ll avoid accidents.” — Robert Bouchard
- “The greatest responsibility of a leader is to give the people in your span of care a grounded sense of hope for the future” — Bob Chapman
Inspirational Construction Quotes To Electrify Your Soul
Construction is about more than just making buildings — it can have a profound impact on people’s lives and even our ideas about what’s possible. It’s a testament to human ingenuity and innovation, and we can learn a lot from those who have shaped our skylines and imaginations.
These quotes remind us that construction propels humans to reach for the skies, both physically and metaphorically.
- “Building is not just about shelter. It’s about realizing dreams, making statements, creating spaces where life happens.” — John “Architect” Aarons
- “We shape our buildings; thereafter, they shape us.” — Winston Churchill
- “You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it requires people to make the dream a reality.” — Walt Disney
- “A great building must begin with the immeasurable, must go through measurable means when it is being designed, and in the end must be unmeasured.” — Louis Kahn
- “Construction is the art of making a meaningful whole out of many parts. Buildings are witnesses to the human ability to construct concrete things.” — Peter Zumthor
- “I think the days before cell phones, when it was dirt clod wars at construction sites, was a lot more wholesome and productive, to be perfectly honest.” — Mike Leach
- “There’s no art to find the mind’s construction in the face.” — William Shakespeare
- “In construction, we don’t just work with concrete and steel, but with hope and dreams.” — Jackie “The Jackhammer” Jackson
- “Hard hats and steel-toed boots: the real suit of the modern hero.” — Gary “The Grader” Green
- “Good buildings come from good people, and all problems are solved by good design.” — Stephen Gardiner
- “There is nothing more poetic and terrible than the skyscrapers’ battle with the heavens that cover them.” — Federico Garcia Lorca
- “The sun never knew how great it was until it hit the side of a building.” — Louis Kahn
- “From blueprints to buildings, we’re making dreams tangible.” — Larry “The Foreman” Franklin
- “If you look at a building by Mies van der Rohe, it might look very simple, but up close, the sheer quality of construction, materials and thought are inspirational.” — David Chipperfield
- “Every day on the job is a testament to the triumph of human will over the laws of gravity.” — Bill “The Scaffold King” Spencer
- “The most powerful force ever known on this planet is human cooperation — a force for construction and destruction.” — Jonathan Haidt
Construction Motivation Quotes To Help You Pave New Roads
In a way, life is a lot like working on the construction site — things don’t usually go according to plan and often require changing your approach. In order to make progress, you need to adapt, learn and chip away at large goals little by little. Brick by brick.
No matter what challenge you face today, use these construction quotes to help you find the motivation to overcome challenges and form new habits.
- “There’s no problem a good hammer can’t solve.” – Joe “The Builder” Thompson
- “Brick by brick, stone by stone, every great thing was built by those who believed they could.” — Tom “The Mason” Mitchell
- “Success isn’t just the building itself. It’s the journey of building, the growing, the learning. It’s construction in progress.” — Fred “Foreman” Foster
- “Every nail driven should be as another round of applause for our creating hands.” — Dave “Carpenter” Campbell
- “Building is about getting around the obstacles that are presented to you.” — Jeremy Renner
- “In the construction world, tools are important. But the greatest tool you have is your mind.” — Rebecca Barnessin
- “In every beam we place, in every wall we raise, exists the potential for something amazing.” — Albert “The Engineer” Evans
- “Each of us is carving a stone, erecting a column or cutting a piece of stained glass in the construction of something much bigger than ourselves.” — Adrienne Clarkson
Hard Work Quotes About Construction to Cement in Your Mind
As any construction worker will tell you, building our cities is no easy task. It takes a lot of hard work, grit and determination — not to mention blood, sweat and tears. However, these workers are also likely to tell you about the pride that comes with seeing their hard work pay off. The site of a completed building, finished bridge or newly paved road is a testament to their skill and dedication.
The following quotes remind us that building the world we want to live in takes time and effort, but it’s worth it in the end.
- “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Every structure we build is a monument to the power of human imagination and hard work.” — Susan “The Surveyor” Sanders
- “Use the best possible materials, and reveal the quality of those materials and the craftsmanship of their assembly.” — Karl Friedrich Schinkel
- “I am an enthusiast, but not a crank in the sense that I have some pet theories as to the proper construction of a flying machine. I wish to avail myself of all that is already known and then, if possible, add my mite to help on the future worker who will attain final success.” — Wilbur Wright
- “I did a lot of heavy lifting — construction, demolition, that kind of thing. Dusty, dirty work.” — Sixto Rodriguez
- “I saved $8,000 and created a construction company when I was 25.” — Bob Corker
- “There’s no satisfaction like seeing a house stand tall because of your own hands.” — Samantha “The Carpenter” Chapman
- “Out of all my friends, I believe I’m the only kid whose dad made us work to cut rebars; we laid bricks in construction sites and did other real work every summer for minimum wage. Our dad said that it’s important in the future that when we tell people to dig a hole, that you personally know how long it will take to dig that hole.” — Eric Trump
- “I worked construction clean-up. I was driving a pickup truck at the age of 14 on a construction site. I loved building and being part of the process. You got to see your work.” — Michael Kelly
- “Though farm chores and construction work are the most physically demanding jobs that I currently do, they feel like recess to me. And there’s something really beautiful about work that feels like play.” — Chip Gaines
- “A day without dust and sweat is a day not well spent.” — Michael “The Mason” Martinez
- “A building is only as strong as the hands that built it” — Author Unknown
Quotes About Beautiful Construction to Credit True Craftsmanship
While it’s true that form follows function, some inspired architects and designers see beyond what’s necessary to also create something beautiful. These skilled workers are craftspeople in every sense of the word, showing both technical prowess and artistry. They dot our communities with buildings that not only serve a purpose but also inspire and captivate our minds.
The following quotes pay homage to the talented craftspeople who weave beauty into the tapestry of our towns.
- “To me, a building — if it’s beautiful — is the love of one man. He’s made it out of his love for space, materials, things like that.” — Martha Graham
- “Architecture should speak of its time and place, but yearn for timelessness.” — Frank Gehry
- “We require from buildings two kinds of goodness: first, the doing their practical duty well: then, that they be graceful and pleasing in doing it.” — John Ruskin
- “It is not the beauty of the building you should look at: it’s the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.” — David Allen Coe
- “A world which sees art and engineering as divided is not seeing the world as a whole.” — Professor Sir Edmund Happold
- “Architecture is a visual art, and the buildings speak for themselves.” — Julia Morgan
- “The construction of Europe is an art. It is the art of the possible.” — Jacques Chirac
Under Construction Quotes To Show Life’s a Work in Progress
If anyone understands that sometimes things take time, it’s those within the construction industry. Just like construction projects take more than a day to complete, so does reaching our goals in life. Patience is more than a virtue in construction — it’s a way of life.
Sometimes. our lives aren’t what we want them to be yet — they’re under construction. These quotes show us that’s OK.
- “Every human being is under construction from conception to death.” — Billy Graham
- “I’m young, I still have a lot to learn. We will say that I am a Ferrari under construction.” — Ousmane Dembele
- “A person has to remember that the road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. That it is not easy becoming successful.” — Steve Harvey
- “The shortest distance between two points is under construction.” — Leo Aikman
- “If a building looks better under construction than it does when finished, then it’s a failure.” — Douglas Coupland
- “A human being is a being who is constantly ‘under construction,’ but also, in a parallel fashion, always in a state of constant destruction.” — Jose Saramago
- “I think I’m always a little bit under construction. I’m a project that I’m trying to improve upon.” — Nick Nurse
- “The road to success is always under construction…there are lots of potholes but no traffic jams.” — Dan Pena
Future of Construction Quotes To Guide Us To New Heights
From using sustainable construction practices to developing smart cities, the future of construction is all about building a brighter, more efficient tomorrow. As the construction industry evolves, cutting-edge technology seeks to make both construction sites and cities safer and more connected.
Drones and AI have the power to speed up inspections, cutting costs at the same time. Virtual reality can bring architect’s visions to life for entire subdivisions — or even cities — at a time. Maybe the industry’s biggest goal of all for the future is net zero energy construction.
If you’re wondering what the cities of tomorrow will look like, these quotes on construction’s future provide a glimpse — and remind us what we’re building for.
- “Augmented and virtual reality technologies are the future of smart construction, and we are just starting to see the possibilities.” — Grant Imahara
- “The future of construction is all about people.” — Tom Agresta
- “Nothing in this world is more simple and more cheap than making cities that provide better for people.” — Jan Gehl
- “While we still have a long way to go, we have begun to be able to push the envelope even further toward net zero energy construction.” — Maggie Leslie
- “The future of construction is in smart, zero net energy buildings … Whether that means changing the temperature in unoccupied rooms or reacting to protect itself from an earthquake, the future of buildings is Smart.” — Richard Frazao
- “We don’t just construct buildings; we create homes, shape cities and build futures.” — Rosa “The Roofer” Ramirez
- “Artificial intelligence, virtual reality, 3D processing and high-resolution imagery will become so prevalent that on-site visits to monitor progress will be nearly obsolete.” — Patrick Quigley
- “I see the future of the construction industry evolving from traditionally pen and paper, analog, phone call driven business to one that is purely digital.” — Bryan Clayton
- “As energy costs rise and carbon taxes become realities, buildings that generate their own power will become commonplace.” — Richard Frazao
- “Automated equipment’s going to change the bottom line.” — Tom Agresta
- “With rising material and land costs as well as more attention driven towards green building standards, we have to think differently about how we build, the materials we use and where we build.” — Wanona Satcher
- “Every brick we lay is a foundation for someone’s future.” — Harold “The Bricklayer” Hughes
- “Construction is a matter of optimism; it’s a matter of facing the future with confidence.” — Cesar Pelli
Whether you’re building the homes, bridges or roads of tomorrow, we hope these construction quotes can help you aspire to new heights. If you don’t already have the equipment you need, see how BigRentz can support your future projects.
Browse equipment rentals today to plan for tomorrow’s builds.