Construction Equipment Rental in Jonesboro, AR

About Construction Projects in Jonesboro, AR

Home to Arkansas State University, Jonesboro is a booming college town with a plethora of opportunities for construction. The population is around 70,000, and it is a regional center for manufacturing, agriculture, medicine, education, and trade. Jonesboro is just like any other city regarding its rules and regulations. Make sure you have the proper permits, inspections, licenses, and insurance before you begin.

Building Permits

Jonesboro is an incredible place for your next project, but they do have some requirements before you can start. One of those requirements is that you have to get a building permit. Building permits are used by the city to ensure the safety and integrity of all structures built within city limits. They also allow the city to keep track of who is building what in Jonesboro.

To get a permit, you have to apply and pay the appropriate fee. Fees vary based on the size and scope of your project. For example, for single family dwellings, the fee is only $50.00. On the other hand, 10,001 square feet or more Commercial Building Areas have a fee of $500.00.

Building Inspections

Another important part of the building process is the inspections. Inspections make sure everything is safe and up to code. Every single inspector at the Inspections Department is State Level Plumbing and HVAC inspector. They can perform all phases of the inspections from beginning to end. Certain review processes take longer than others. For example, Residential Review takes about 3 to 5 days from when you submit while Commercial Review takes about 5 to 15 days from when you submit. Be sure to have your building inspected as there could be consequences for failing to have your building inspected.

Contractor License

If you are planning on building in the State of Arkansas, you must have a contractor license. The Arkansas State Contractors Licensing Board takes care of licenses for contractors. There are a few different licenses offered by this board including;

  • Residential Builder’s License
  • Commercial License
  • Residential Remodeler’s License
  • Home Improvement Specialty License

There are a few things you need to submit when applying for a license. For a Residential Builder’s License, for example, you need to have the Residential Builder’s New Application and know the Residential Licensing Law, Rules & Regulations.

Contractor Liability Insurance

In addition to having your contractor license, you must have some insurance as well. It is a state law that you have to have Worker’s Compensation insurance to take care of your employees.

Construction Equipment in Jonesboro, Arkansas

Aerial equipment is commonly used in construction projects in Jonesboro. Earthmoving equipment is popular too. Whether you need boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts, manlifts, dozers, backhoes, loaders, or excavators, BigRentz can help you out.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location