Construction Equipment Rental in Concord, CA

About Construction Projects in Concord, CA

Doing construction and renovation projects in Concord, California, is not easy. Laws and regulations ask for contractors to hold current licenses to do major work within the city. There have also been water shortages and conservation efforts. These have pushed changes to laws around plumbing fixtures. This all puts more limits on contractors in this industry.

Licenses and Building Permits

You must start the process by filling out a state-mandated Owner-Builder Acknowledgment and Information Verification form. The legal property owner must fill out this form first before the city will give out a building permit. After turning in the form, you as the contractor can then submit building plans with the permit application for your project. The time for review is usually between five and 25 business days.

Certain building projects do not need permits, such as:

  • Fences less than 6 feet high
  • One-story detached accessory structures (playhouses, tool and storage sheds, and other similar uses) that do not exceed 120 square feet
  • Oil derricks
  • Prefabricated swimming pools installed above ground that are less than 24 inches high and do not exceed 5,000 gallons of water
  • Retaining walls shorter than 4 feet
  • Minor electrical repairs
  • Temporary testing systems or entertainment sets
  • Clearing of stoppage and leaks in pipes, valves, drains, or fixtures

Building Inspections

Inspectors in Concord work in the Building and Current Engineering Inspection Services Department. You can schedule inspections by phone. Inspections take place between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekdays. You will need to have the permit card on-site at the time of the inspection. After the last inspection of the structure, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and gas systems, you can get your certificate of occupancy.

Contractor Licenses

The Contractors State License Board works on the state level to protect California property owners by regulating all building jobs. Any contractor who runs a building project must hold a license. It does not matter if you have a renovation on a residential property or a new commercial building. The state gives out licenses in a few categories, such as journeymen/prospective contractors and licensed contractors.

Contractor Liability Coverage

When you are on a building project, you must have a certificate proving liability coverage of at least $1 million per occurrence and $2 million aggregate. You have to include this information when applying for an engineering permit.

Construction Equipment Rental in Concord, California

If your construction company does not have the equipment needed to handle every part of the job, you can find rental options in Concord. Renting equipment can help you save money over the length of the project. You would not have to buy costly items or pay to maintain and repair them. Some of the most common items that contractors rent would be pieces of aerial equipment like scissor lifts, manlifts, boom lifts, and forklifts.

With the right licensing and permits, you can start the building process in Concord. You can renovate a home or office building for a property owner or begin a whole new building.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location