Equipment Rental in Jurupa Valley, CA

About Construction Projects in Jurupa Valley, CA

It’s important to know about the permits, insurance, inspections, and licensing needs for building jobs in Jurupa Valley. Such knowledge ensures compliance with all laws and makes you less likely to make any errors on your building job. Read on to find out all the rules that apply to building in the city.

Building Permits

Most building jobs involving the construction of new structures need a planning permit. You also need a building permit for most jobs that make changes to existing buildings. Fees for planning permits depend on the estimated costs of processing each permit. The fee might increase if the cost ends up higher than the first estimate. To confirm the exact permit needs for your building project, call the Jurupa Valley Planning Department at (951) 332-6464.

Building Inspections

You need to get most buildings inspected after any construction job in Jurupa Valley. The aim of an inspection is to prove the safety of a building. Inspections also show compliance with local and state building standards.

The city offers a useful online inspection request system. To use the system, simply fill in an online form outlining the details of the building and the type of inspection needed. Note that if you want a same-day inspection, you must submit the online form before 6 a.m. on that day. The types of inspections carried out are:

  • Structural
  • Electrical
  • Plumbing
  • Pool/spa
  • Patios
  • Mechanical
  • Retaining
  • Signs

Contractor Licenses

According to state law, contractors must register with the City of Jurupa Valley before working on any building jobs. Registering adds you to the “Informal Bidders List.”

The law also states that contractors must have a license if the value of any building contract is $500 or higher. Contracting without a license puts you at risk of a six-month jail term and a $500 fine.

Becoming a licensed contractor in California involves passing an examination that costs $300 to take. In addition to the exam, you must also show enough experience to get the license. Don’t start any building job in Jurupa Valley without first getting the license you need. You might find that getting a license for one job is not worth the cost or the time.

Contractor Insurance Requirements

You need to pay a $15,000 bond to become a licensed contractor in the state of California. The bond covers defective construction jobs and unpaid wages to employees. When signing a building permit in Jurupa Valley, you also agree that you have workers’ compensation coverage. You need to write your insurance carrier, and policy number on the building permit application form.

Construction Equipment Rental in Jurupa Valley

It’s often a better idea to rent the equipment you need for each specific building project. For aerial projects, for example, consider renting equipment such as boom lifts, forklifts, scissor lifts, or manlifts.

Hiring a licensed contractor for building work in Jurupa Valley is the easiest option. The amount of paperwork and legal requirements make it nonsensical to start any project alone.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location