Construction Equipment Rental in Oceanside, CA

About Construction Projects in Oceanside, CA

Oceanside is on the south coast of California, near Carlsbad. When you’re doing construction in Oceanside, California, you need to follow the city rules. These rules protect property owners and contractors. They make sure that work done within the city is up to building code and is safe.

Building Permits

Before doing any work, a contractor needs a building permit. Permits are required for new construction and most renovations. The permits come from the Building Division. Permits are only given to:

  • Licensed contractors in California
  • Owner/builders
    • A property owner must own the property for 12 months.

The process of getting a permit is difficult. Most owners choose to leave this up to a licensed contractor. When applying for a permit, you’ll need:

  • Owner’s name, phone number, and address
  • Contractor’s name, phone number, address, license number, business license, and proof of insurance
  • Architect’s name, phone number, and address
  • Engineer’s name, phone number, and address
  • Permit fee and plan check fee
  • Value of project
  • Copy of the plans

Most plans need to be checked by the Building Division. A permit expires after three years. You can get a one-time six-month extension on a permit before it expires. Check the Building Division website to see if your job needs a permit.

Building Inspections

The Building Division also does building inspections in Oceanside. The inspector will make sure that the work meets state codes and matches the plans. Contractors need to schedule inspections when certain work is done. Inspections must be done on:

  • Foundations/footings
  • Slabs
  • Framing
  • Roof sheathing
  • Plumbing
  • Mechanical
  • Electrical (rough and final)
  • Insulation
  • Drywall
  • Gas lines

You can schedule an inspection by phone, online, or in person. The Building Division also has an eTRAKit online system. This system includes scheduling and tracking. You can request an inspection one business day in advance.

Contractor Licenses

To work as a contractor in Oceanside, you need a state-issued contractor license. When you apply, you need to have:

  • Proof of insurance
  • Four years (minimum) of experience in the last ten years
  • A business license in Oceanside

All contractors in Oceanside have to pass two state exams. There are three types of licenses:

  • Class A (engineers)
  • Class B (general contractors)
  • Class C (specialty contractors)

Contractor Liability Coverage

All contractors need insurance. The insurance protects the job site and building equipment. The minimum coverage in Oceanside is $1 million aggregate for up to five employees. If you have more than five employees, add $100,000 of coverage for each. Workers’ compensation is also required. This type of insurance protects employees if they get hurt while working.

Construction Equipment Rental in Oceanside, California

After you get a permit, you can start working on the job site. If you don’t have the right equipment for the work, think about renting needed items. Aerial equipment is expensive to buy. Renting it can save you a lot of money. Options include forklifts, boom lifts, manlifts, and scissor lifts. With the right equipment, you can take on more work.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location