Idaho Heavy Equipment Rental Locations

Stay Connected With Your Rental
  • Place Orders and Monitor Rental Status
  • Terminate and Extend Rentals
  • Receive Notifications
  • Report Issues and View Invoices
Learn More iPhone CRV

Not finding your city? Chances are we service your area so contact us for a personalized quote.

About Construction Projects in Idaho

Browse our Idaho heavy equipment rental locations by city. BigRentz offers a wide variety of heavy equipment for rent, including earth moving machines, aerial equipment, lift trucks, compaction equipment, and job site services.

What You Need To Know

Ready to work as a contractor in Idaho? Find out how to register with the state so you can bid on jobs. Learn about Idaho’s soil, too. That way you can figure out what kind of equipment rentals are best for each job.

Getting a Contractor Registration in Idaho

In Idaho, you don’t need a license to be a contractor. All you have to do is register with the state. You don’t need to take any courses or pass any exams to get a contractor registration in Idaho. What you do is fill out the application and send it to the Idaho Contractors Board Bureau of Occupational Licenses.

With your registration, you need to show proof of general liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance. Before you send your application in, get it notarized and add the fee.

Once you have your registration, you renew it annually. You don’t have to take continuing education courses to renew it. Check any local registration or licensing laws before you start projects. Cities or counties might ask you for more information than the state does.

If you are a plumber or electrician, or you employ a plumber or electrician, then you do need a license in Idaho.

A plumber needs at least two and a half years of experience working in Idaho before getting a license. The Plumbing Bureau has exams once a month. Pass the exam as part of the process for getting a plumbing contractor license.

To be an electrician contractor, you need at least two years of experience. Each of those years needs 2,000 hours of work. You can take the exam if you have the experience. The Electrical Bureau administers the exam once a month. You also need $300,000 of liability insurance to get an electrician contractor license.

Getting a Permit in Idaho

In Idaho, cities and counties have their own permit requirements. Always check the specifics for the area where you’ll be working. In general, expect to need a permit for:

  • HVAC work
  • Electrical work
  • Plumbing work
  • Installing a manufactured home

If you’re installing manufactured homes, you need tags, too. The tag is so the state can keep tabs on how many manufactured homes have gone up.

Prepare Your Job Site and Equipment

A lot of the soil in Idaho has silt and volcanic ash in it. Silt and ash soils erode faster than others. You have to be especially careful when they dry because the wind can cause erosion.

Plan to use four-wheel-drive for all your outdoor equipment. Stabilizers, like those you find on telescoping boom lifts, are essential. Remember that silt affects how well your equipment can sit on a gradient, too.

Renting equipment is the smart choice for your Idaho construction job. When you get rentals from BigRentz, you get to choose from a variety of sizes. We have four-wheel-drive options, narrow options, and diesel engines. Manlifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts are some of our popular equipment rentals. Let us deal with maintenance and storage so you can focus on your job.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location