Construction Equipment Rental in Henderson, NV

About Construction Projects in Henderson, NV

If you’re going to start a construction project in Henderson, Nevada, there is some red tape you need to know about. While Henderson is one of the nation’s safest cities, you need to get permits before you start working. You also have to know about licenses, insurance, and inspections. Here is what you need to know about projects in Henderson. Many of these rules apply even if your project is only an upgrade, an improvement, or a repair.

Building Permits

When you want to start on a project in Henderson, Nevada, make sure you get a permit. The permit process ensures that work is done to code, for safety reasons. Permits are also a form of quality control so that work gets done right.

These jobs require a permit in Henderson:

  • Room additions
  • Carport additions
  • Roofing when the roof load is increased
  • Sheds and Playhouses that are larger than 120 square feet or that include plumbing, electric, or mechanical parts
  • Adding more windows or doors to a structure
  • Widening existing door and window openings
  • Garage additions
  • Adding or removing walls
  • Attic or basement conversions
  • Sunroom additions

You don’t need a permit to do the following:

  • Paint
  • Apply wallpaper
  • Replace floor coverings, countertops, or cabinets
  • Replace sections of drywall that are less than 30 square feet

Building Inspections

You may need to have one or more inspections as you work on your project. Make sure you get the proper inspection before continuing, or you can face fines or have to redo your work.

Building inspection fees are included in the costs of your permits. Permit fees are based on the overall value of the construction project you’re doing. Inspections keep construction standards high and ensure safety and quality work.

Contractor Licenses

Most renovation or improvement projects require you to have a Class B or Class C license for work in Nevada. Class B is the General Building Contractor license, and Class C is the Specialty Contractor license.

Nevada offers the following licenses:

  • General building
  • Plumbing and heating
  • Electrical
  • Carpentry
  • Painting
  • Concrete
  • Signs
  • Elevator
  • Glass and glazing
  • House moving
  • Landscaping
  • Steel work
  • Roofing
  • Plaster work
  • Pools
  • HVAC
  • Fencing
  • Demolition
  • Solar panel
  • Flooring
  • Masonry
  • Marble and Terrazzo work
  • Tiling

Contractor Liability Coverage

Contractors have to be bonded in Nevada. License bonds vary in amount from $1,000 to $500,000. The Nevada State Contractors Board sets the fee when you apply. Swimming pool contractors have an extra bonding requirement. As a contractor in Henderson, you also need workers compensation insurance.

Construction Equipment Rental in Henderson, Nevada

If you’re starting a construction project in Nevada, you can rent aerial equipment that will help you get your work done. As a contractor, you can rent these items for your job:

Permits, insurance, inspections, and licensing can be a lot to handle. It’s easier to let an experienced company take care of your project. That way you can be sure the work is done right and passes inspections. If not, you could be charged fines and have to redo the work.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location