Construction Equipment Rental in Sparks, NV

About Construction Projects in Sparks, NV

Located just east of Reno, Sparks is the fifth most populous city in Nevada with a population of over 90,000 people. Just like any other city, Sparks has its rules and regulations for building. You’ll also need to know which licenses, insurance, and permits your project needs.

Building Permits

There are two types of permits in the City of Sparks, Over-The-Counter Building Permits and Building Permits Requiring a Plan Check. For the Over-The-Counter permits, you simply have to go to Sparks City Hall between 8 am and 5 pm.

For the Plan Check Permits, you have to submit the application, required forms, and pay for the plan check. The plans will then go to all departments including Building, Planning, Engineering, Fire, Health, and Environmental Control. If there is any need for a correction, the city will notify the applicant and must resubmit any changes.

Building Inspections

To ensure the safety of the people occupying the project after completion, you need to get a building inspection. Inspections can be requested at any time by calling your assigned inspector and leaving a voicemail. While you can request inspections at any time, they must be confirmed by speaking to your inspector directly between 7 am, and 8 am Monday through Friday. You can find contact information for the inspector can be found on the city website.

Contractor License

The permit requirements change based on the person. For example, if the permit is being issued to a contractor, they must have both a current State Contractor’s license and a current City business license.

If someone other than the licensed contractor is picking up the permit, then the City of Sparks must have a signed letterhead from the contractor indicating any authorized signers.

If the permit is being issued to an owner or builder, they must show proof of ownership and certify that they will reside in the building for at least one year.

Contractor Liability Coverage

To become licensed in the state of Nevada, contractors have to get a bond. License bonds vary in amount from $1,000 to $500,000.

It is also a good idea to get General Contractor Liability Insurance to protect you and your workers. Liability insurance protects you from any damages your company causes. Contact your local insurance agency to see which plan is right for you. They will have specific options based on your needs.

Construction Equipment Rental in Sparks, Nevada

Sometimes contractors need to rent equipment to finish the job. Boom lifts, forklifts, scissor lifts, and telehandlers often provide the extra lift you need to get the job done. BigRentz can help with all your rental needs and help you on your way to a successful build.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location