Construction Equipment Rental in Beaumont, TX

About Construction Projects in Beaumont, TX

If you have a construction job in Beaumont, Texas, you’ll need to know what permits and inspections you need for the job to go smoothly. Here’s a handy guide to permits, inspections, licensing, and insurance you need for construction in Beaumont, Texas.

Building Permits

In Beaumont, you need a permit if you want to do any of the following changes to a building or structure:

  • Move
  • Fix or repair
  • Change
  • Construct
  • Tear down
  • Convert
  • Enlarge
  • Build new
  • Improve

If you’re not sure whether you need a permit, contact the Building Codes Division of the Beaumont city government.

New construction or additions also require three complete sets of drawings that show what work you are planning on completing. If you build a structure that is more than three stories high or is bigger than 5,000 square feet, the designer has to be an architect or engineer who is legally registered in Texas.

You can get permit applications from the Beaumont city website. For each type of work, such as gas, plumbing, and mechanical, there is a different application, so you’ll want to be sure to get the correct form. Permit prices depend on the kind of job. They start at $35 and go up from there.

Building Inspections

Once your work is done, you need to schedule an inspection. Inspectors make sure the work is up to code. Call 311 to schedule the inspection. They usually take place the next business day. Before you call to schedule the inspection, make sure you have the following information:

  • Your permit or application number
  • Address of the work site
  • Type of inspection
  • Caller’s name
  • Contractor’s name
  • Subcontractor’s name responsible for inspection
  • Caller’s phone number

Contractor Licenses

General contractors are not required to hold licenses to work in Texas. However, some specialty contractors do require licensing. These include the following specialties:

  • Electricians
  • Plumbers
  • HVAC technicians
  • Fire sprinkler installers
  • Well drilling specialists
  • Pump installation specialists
  • Landscapers
  • Engineers

Contractor Liability Coverage

Before beginning any job in Texas, you need contractor’s general liability insurance. This is different from other types of business insurance. Just because you have necessary insurance for your business does not mean that you’re covered. You’ll have to show proof of contractor liability insurance before you can start a job. Speak with your insurance specialist to confirm that you have the right insurance levels for Texas.

Renting Construction Equipment in Beaumont, Texas

As you plan your job in Beaumont, consider what kinds of heavy equipment you need. For example, you might need scissor lifts, forklifts, boom lifts, or manlifts that you don’t own or are not available for this job. Renting equipment is a good choice if you want:
  • To avoid delays
  • Someone else to move the equipment for you
  • To pay less than you would to buy the equipment
  • Temporary use of heavy tools for one-time jobs
Having the right permits, licenses, insurance, and equipment will save you from headaches later on.
Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location