Construction Equipment Rental in Brownsville, TX

About Construction Projects in Brownsville, TX

Almost every city has a list of permits and rules for construction projects. Brownsville, Texas, is no different. If you’re thinking of starting a small or large project within the city limits, take note of all the paperwork you need. No matter what type of contractor you are, be it electrician, plumber, or HVAC tech, you must have the proper documents before, during, and at the end of your project.

Building Permits

Like many cities across the country, Brownsville has specific rules for construction projects. These permits make sure residential and commercial projects completed within the city limits are safe.

Contractors must get a building permit before starting a construction project. This permit covers some projects, including constructing, removing, moving, altering, or demolishing part of a building. Depending on your project, you may need different types of permits, such as:

  • Building
  • Electrical
  • Mechanical
  • Plumbing

You can get a building permit from the Building Inspections and Permitting Office at the City Plaza Building. On the department’s website, you can ask for a permit, check its status, and pay the fees involved. You should receive your permit in less than five business days.

Building Inspections

The City of Brownsville has firm rules for construction projects. These rules include inspections to make sure that the work done at construction sites keeps people and structures safe.

You can schedule your inspections via phone, fax, online, or in person. You may need several inspections during your project. All construction projects will have a final inspection.

Contractor Licenses

Per state and city law, contractors must have a license to work in Brownsville. Among the types of licenses available are:

  • Air conditioning and refrigeration
  • Electrical
  • Mechanical
  • Plumbing contractor

Liability Coverage

Contractors need liability coverage in Brownsville to protect against claims of damage or injury to the property. They also need to carry workers’ compensation to work in the state. In most cases, you cannot work unless you give proof of insurance. You might pay a lot in insurance depending upon the type of construction project. There are two types of general liability insurance for contractors:

  • Claims-made policies. These policies cover claims for damages or injuries that occur while a policy is in effect. You must make a claim while the policy is in effect
  • Occurrence liability policies. These policies cover claims for damage or injury while a policy is in effect. If you make a claim after a policy is no longer in effect, it is still honored

Occurrence-based policies are more common, but they have higher premiums. Claims-made policies have lower premiums and have a timeline about when you can make a claim.

Construction Equipment Rental in Brownsville, Texas

While doing construction work in Brownsville, you may need to rent different types of equipment for the job. For instance, using aerial equipment can help you reach higher points on the structure. You can rent:

If you work in Brownsville, you never want to start a building project without having the right inspections, insurance, licenses, and permits. Make sure you have the correct documents before you begin work. Without the paperwork, you run the risk of that your work site will be shut down and you’ll end up paying fines.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location