Construction Equipment Rental in Denton, TX

About Construction Projects in Denton, TX

Get ready to start building in Denton, Texas! After learning about the building permits in the city and registering as a contractor, it’s time to bid for jobs. Make sure to follow the city’s and state’s rules on all things construction. Get liability insurance if you need it, and keep your registration current.

Residential and Commercial Building Permits

In Denton, you can apply for commercial, residential, and irrigation permits. Homeowners are allowed to apply for permits in Denton, but they can get the jobs done easier, safer, and more efficiently by securing the services of a contractor. The permit has to include a plan, and an inspector will be visiting.

Commercial permit applications in Denton are required for:

  • A certificate of occupancy
  • Demolition
  • Swimming pool installation
  • Sign or wind device installation
  • Irrigation installation
  • Mobile home move-in

Residential work also needs different kinds of permits. Here are some of the projects that need residential permits in Denton:

  • New house construction
  • Demolition
  • Arbors, Pergolas, Gazebos, Cabanas, Patio covers
  • Detached garages, carports, or sheds
  • Decks
  • New or replacement doors or windows
  • Driveways
  • Electrical work
  • New or replacement fences
  • HVAC systems
  • Plumbing, including water heaters, wells, and lawn irrigation
  • Reroofing
  • House or mobile home relocation
  • Floorplan changes
  • Room addition
  • Retaining walls
  • Solar panels
  • Adding siding
  • Adding a swimming pool
  • Sewage facilities or systems on the property

Contractor Registration

If you want to work in Denton as a contractor, you need to register with the city. Every year, you’ll need to register again by the date on your license. For contractors who don’t need a license, like general contractors, registration has to be renewed by the same day each year. The first time you register, you must go in person.

Contractor Licensing

To work as a Texas contractor, you might need a license. Though general contractors and sign contractors don’t need licenses, other specialties do. These include:

  • HVAC
  • Plumber
  • Electrician
  • Well Drilling
  • Pump Installation
  • Fire Sprinkler Contractor

Not every licensed contractor in Texas needs to have liability insurance. For Class A, the insurance is $300,000 for one occurrence of either property damage or bodily injury. It also includes $300,000 covering the total of property damage and bodily injury. You also need $300,000 of coverage for products and operations.

That said, it’s a good idea for homeowners to hire contractors with liability insurance and worker’s compensation. Otherwise, expenses might fall on the homeowner if something bad should happen. With that in mind, it’s a good idea for you as a contractor to secure these types of insurance so you can put homeowners’ minds at ease.

When you’ve got your plans laid out and your permits in place, it’s time to get your equipment set up. You can save money and avoid storage of rarely used equipment by renting instead of buying. You may need large aerial equipment such as manlifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, or forklifts for your construction jobs. Instead of buying, you can rent each piece for the amount of time you need it.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location