Construction Equipment Rental in McAllen, TX

About Construction Projects in Mcallen, TX

To work on construction projects in any city, contractors need to have certain paperwork. When you work on projects in McAllen, Texas, you must have insurance, licenses, inspections, and permits. All types of workers need these papers, whether you are a general contractor, electrician, or plumber. Keep reading to find out how to get these important pieces of paper.

Building Permits

To work on construction projects in McAllen, the city asks that you get building permits. You need a permit for almost any type of home improvement project. Adding a large shed and installing a pool require permits.

When you give your application, you also need to give the following:

  • Floor plan
  • Site plan
  • Engineered wall bracing plan, if needed
  • Energy compliance report, if needed
  • Heating and cooling load calculations

Permit fees depend on the improvement value or the square footage of new construction. It costs at least $48. You should get your permit within three business days.

Building Inspections

During your construction project, you need several inspections. These inspections verify that you followed codes and regulations set forth by the city and state. They also make sure the property and people are safe.

The Building Permits and Inspections Office handles inspections. Most inspections happen either the same or following day. The office does offer weekend appointments. If you need a re-inspection, the fee is $48.

You need inspections during the following:

  • Rough plumbing
  • Foundation
  • Framing, which includes electrical, plumbing, and mechanical
  • Insulation
  • Infiltration
  • Final

Once you pass the last inspection, you can officially end your project. You will receive a certificate of occupancy.

Contractor Licenses

The City of McAllen prefers to have only trained professionals work on construction projects. That’s why contractors are asked to get licenses. Home builders do not need licenses. You need a license to do trade work, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and irrigation work.

If your business has out-of-state headquarters, you must get a certificate of authority to work in Texas. The Texas Secretary of State offers this certificate.

Contractor Liability Coverage

To protect you and the property if there is an accident, the City of McAllen makes contractors carry general liability insurance or bonds.

There are two types of general liability coverage for contractors. Claims-made policies cover damage or injury that happens while you have the policy. You cannot claim after you don’t have the policy. Occurrence-based policies also cover damage or injury that happens when you have coverage. But you can claim after you no longer have coverage.

Construction Rental Equipment in McAllen, Texas

Every contractor needs the right gear to get the job done right. Sometimes you may need to rent equipment. Types of aerial equipment you can rent include:

Never start a construction project in McAllen without the right papers. You need permits, insurance, licenses, and inspections. Without these papers, you risk putting your work in jeopardy. Save yourself time and money and get the paperwork together right away.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location