Construction Equipment Rental in Pasadena, TX

About Construction Projects in Pasadena, TX

Contractors who work in Pasadena, Texas, must follow all of the city’s rules. These rules help keep construction sites safer. They also help the city keep track of what’s being built within its limits. The rules include getting permits, licenses, and inspections. Contractors also need insurance coverage.

Building Permits

Permits for building in Pasadena come from the City of Pasadena, Texas. You need a building permit for building:

  • Commercial buildings
  • Driveways
  • Sidewalks
  • Residential buildings
  • Swimming pools
  • HVAC systems
  • Mechanical systems
  • Boiler systems
  • Electrical systems
  • Signs

You also need a permit for demolition.

The application for each permit is different. Contractors must fill out the right form. Filling out the wrong form could cause a delay. You should never start building without a permit. Download the application from the City of Pasadena website. Fill it out and turn it in at the Municipal Services Building. It is located at 1114 Davis on the first floor. Permits are only issued before 4:30 p.m. Permit fees are based on the size and use of the building.

Building Inspections

When you turn in a building application, city officials will look at the form. If an inspection is needed, you can contact each inspector by phone. Call between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., and 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. Inspectors include:

  • Electrical
  • Plumbing
  • HVAC and energy code
  • Sign
  • Commercial building
  • Fire sprinklers and systems

All systems need to be seen for the inspection. Commercial buildings need a special form. An energy inspector signs this form after a final inspection. This form says that the building meets requirements. The building codes are in the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code.

Contractor Licenses

All contractors working in Pasadena must be licensed building contractors. Separate contractor application forms are for those working in other areas. These areas include HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and sign installation. Building contractors have to fill out the application. The application goes to the permit/inspection department. It must include the state license number.

To get a contractor license in Texas, you have to turn in:

  • At least two years of work experience
  • Reference letters from contractors
    • They must be licensed in Texas
  • Bank reference
  • References from past customers

You must also pass the state exam. The fee to take the exam is between $100 and $200.

Contractor Liability Coverage

All contractors working in Pasadena must have insurance coverage on the business. This includes workers’ compensation on the employees. You must also have liability insurance. Contractors have to show proof of insurance. You turn it in with a contractor license application. There is no minimum amount required by the city of Pasadena. A good amount for a contractor is between $500,000 and $1 million of coverage.

Construction Equipment Rental in Pasadena, Texas

When you have the needed permits, you can start construction in Pasadena. If you need equipment, check out rental options. Some of the most common types of aerial equipment for rent include:

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location