Construction Equipment Rental in Round Rock, TX

About Construction Projects in Round Rock, TX

Round Rock was recently named one of the best places in which to live the American Dream. That’s why it’s the perfect place to start your contracting business. It’s also the ninth-fastest growing city in America. This means there are plenty of building opportunities. Before you get started, make sure you understand Round Rock’s permitting and licensing rules.

Building Permits

The Inspection Services Division issues all building permits in Round Rock. The city follows the 2015 International Building Code. This means all constructions, repairs, and alterations need a permit.

Permits must be submitted by a registered contractor. All permits need to be submitted by mail or in person. The city does not accept online applications.

For a standard remodel permit, you’ll need the following information:

  • A permit application
  • Plans that show electrical, mechanical, and plumbing alterations
  • Energy calculations
  • Asbestos survey
  • Permit Fee

Permit fees vary depending on the value of the project. They can be as low as $35 for a $2,000 project or as high as $1,200 for a $500,000 project. You might also need to pay a fire inspection fee to the Round Rock Fire Department. These are as low as $15 for a $2,000 project and as high as $500 for a $500,000 project.

All permits last for six months. After that point, the permit expires unless the contractor schedules an inspection for an extension.

Currently, residential building permits take between one to two days to review. If you have any more questions, you can call the Inspection Services Division at 512-218-5550. They can tell you what specific permit you need and how to get it.

Contractor Licenses

Round Rock requires that contractors register with the City. Also, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical contractors need a state license.

Registering with the City is an easy process. You just need to fill out a contractor information sheet. It asks for information like your name, contact info, and license number. When you’re finished, fax this form to 512-218-5563. There is no fee involved.

You’ll also need a Doing Business As (DBA) license. This requires you to register with the county. To do so, call the Williamson County Clerk at 512-943-1515.


Round Rock is lenient when it comes to contractor insurance. They follow the Texas state requirements. This means that contractors must have workers’ compensation insurance. This protects subcontractors if they are injured on the job.

You will also need bodily injury limits, property damage insurance, and liability insurance. You should have a minimum bodily injury limit of $300,000 per occurrence. Property damage insurance should be at least $50,000 for each occurrence. And liability insurance coverage should be at least $100,000.

Construction Equipment to Rent

It’s important to have the right equipment for the job. Make sure you have a proper aerial equipment, including scissor lifts, boom lifts, forklifts, and manlifts. These can help you reach up higher and move materials with ease.

Now that you understand Round Rock law and guidelines, nothing can stop you from being a successful contractor. Get to work applying for permits and starting new projects.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location