Vermont Heavy Equipment Rental Locations

Stay Connected With Your Rental
  • Place Orders and Monitor Rental Status
  • Terminate and Extend Rentals
  • Receive Notifications
  • Report Issues and View Invoices
Learn More iPhone CRV

Not finding your city? Chances are we service your area so contact us for a personalized quote.

About Construction Projects in Vermont

Browse our Vermont heavy equipment rental locations by city. BigRentz offers a wide variety of heavy equipment for rent, including earth moving machines, aerial equipment, lift trucks, compaction equipment, and job site services.

What You Need to Know

Bordered by Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Quebec, Vermont is one of the most beautiful states in the United States. It is the second least populous state but it is ranked the safest state. If you plan on building in Vermont, you need to get the right permits and licenses before you start. It is also important to find out what type of soil you are working on as that will determine what type of equipment you need.

Building Permits Required

To get a building permit in Vermont, you need to submit a permit application and pay the corresponding fee. This is done at the local level wherever you are working. If you are working on a public building, then you need to get a construction permit from the state. You can do this through the Vermont Department of Public Safety.

There are different types of building permits in the state. Some cities like Montpellier have a Basic Renovations permit for small basic projects. Other cities might require a separate permit for electrical, mechanical, or plumbing work on top of the basic building permit. You should check with the city before you start working because the regulations vary.

The cost of a building permit is usually based on the valuation of the project. There is most likely a base fee and extra charges based on the size of the project.

Contractor License

In the State of Vermont, the Division of Fire Safety takes care of licensing and certification for trade groups such as electrical and plumbing work. Most licensing requires continuing education to ensure the work is done correctly and in the safest way possible.

Soil Types

The type of soil is an important factor in deciding what kind of equipment you need for your project. In Vermont, the State Soil is Turnbridge. Turnbridge consists of loamy, well-drained soils that are usually 20 to 40 inches deep. They occur throughout the mountainous areas of Vermont and are quite common. Make sure you know which soil you are building on before you begin construction.

Construction Equipment in Vermont

There are many factors that determine what equipment you need. The two biggest are the type of soil and what kind of project it is. Make sure you get the right equipment for your job. Some common types of equipment are excavators, rollers, backhoes, and dozers. You also might need aerial equipment like scissor lifts, boom lifts, manlifts, and forklifts.

Whatever your project is, BigRentz can help with all of your construction equipment rental needs.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location