Construction Equipment Rental in Spokane Valley, WA

About Construction Projects in Spokane Valley, WA

Spokane Valley, also known as “The Valley” is situated on the Eastern part of Washington that brushes up against Idaho. There are many opportunities to build Spokane Valley, but you have to know the local and statewide rules for construction. There are various applications and approvals you have to go through your project.

Building Permits

For any project involving the construction, alteration, demolition, repair, or movement of a structure, you will need a permit. You also have to abide by the planning, development, and zoning codes.

In Spokane Valley, you use the permit center who receives all new building permit applications. The permit center also offers Land use applications, ROW permits, sign permits, and Certificates of Occupancy for completed projects. They also schedule pre-application meetings, answer technical questions, houses the information on city properties, and provide sample plans.

Building Inspections

Building inspections are another big part of the construction process. They provide a safety check for future occupants and promote safety in general. You can not get your final Certificate of Occupancy if you don’t have your project inspected.

Contractor License

You do not have to get licensed in the State of Washington if you are doing general or specialty contractor work. You do, however, if you are an electrician or a plumber.

If you plan on doing work that involves house flipping, construction, remodeling, property development, or demolishing, you do not have to be licensed. You do have to register with the Washington Department of Labor and Industries. You also need a business license.

If you do not register with the state, then you could receive a fine of $1,000 for your first time and more if you do it again.

Contractor Liability Insurance

In the State of Washington, if you want to work as a contractor, you have to have a surety bond and have liability insurance. This protects all the parties involved in the case of an accident or damages. Another type of insurance that is important for contractors with employees is worker’s compensation insurance. You need this to help pay for your employee’s  medical bills.

Construction Equipment Rental

If you plan on doing construction in Spokane Valley, there is a good chance that you will need some construction equipment. Examples of commonly used construction equipment include boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts, and manlifts. You might need earthmoving equipment like backhoes, dozers, and excavators as well. Whatever your project requires, BigRentz can help with all of your construction equipment rental needs.

Enter jobsite location to see local rates:
Use Current Location